1. When Anura was 8 years old his father was 31 years old. Now his father is twice as old as Anura is. How old is Anura now?
2. Nelly correctly measures three sides of a rectangle and gets a total of 88 cm. Her brother Raffy correctly measures three sides of the same rectangle and gets a total of 80 cm. What is the perimeter of the rectangle, in cm?
3. Which number should be removed from: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 so that the average of the remaining numbers is 6.1?
4. The houses in a street are located in such a way that each house is directly opposite another house. The houses are numbered 1, 2, 3, … up one side, continuing down the other side of the street. If number 37 is opposite number 64, how many houses are there in the street altogether?
5. There are 6 basketball players and 14 cheerleaders. The total weight of the 6 basketball players is 540 kg. The average weight of the 14 cheerleaders is 40 kg. What is the average weight of all 20 people?
1. Answer all 15 problems.
2. Show all works. Do not give theanswer only.
3. You have 90 minutes to work on this test.
1. Now we are in the year 2003. The ratio of ages of my father, my mother and my youngers brother is 12:9:1. Five years from now, my father will be 41 years old. In what year was my younger brother born?
2. Laila’s saving in a bank is $100. Tina’s saving is $40. Every end of week, Laila withdraw $3 from her savings. At the same time, Tina always deposit $2.40 into her savings. After how many weeks will Laila’s savings be $6 than Tina’s savings?
3. The product of two positive integers is even, but not divisible by 4. Is their sum odd or even?