- Write down your name, team name and candidate number on the answer sheet.
- Write down all answers on the answer sheet.
- Answer all 15 problems. Problems are in ascending order of level of difficulty. Only NUMERICAL answers are needed.
- Each problem is worth 6 points and the total is 90 points.
- or problems involving more than one answer, points are given only when ALL answers are correct.
- Take ? = 3.14 if necessary.
- No calculator or calculating device is allowed.
- Answer the problems with pencil, blue or black ball pen.
- All materials will be collected at the end of the competition.
1. The product of two three-digit numbers abc and cba is 396396, where a > c. Find the value of abc!
2. In a right-angled triangle ACD, the area of shaded region is 10 cm^2, as shown in the figure below. AD = 5 cm, AB = BC, DE = EC. Find the length of AB!
1. The solution to each clue of this crossnumber is a two-digit number. None of these numbers begins with zero. Complete the crossnumber, stating the order in which you solved the clues and explaining why there is only one solution.
2. Notice that 2^2 + 2^2 = 23 , so two squares can sum to give a cube; however, the two squares here are equal (to 4).
(a) Find two unequal squares whose sum is a cube.
(b) Show that there are infinitely many pairs of unequal squares whose sum is equal to a cube.
Note: ^ means square
Do you want to create math problem and then print it? Use Mathquizcreator. For me this is a remarkable mathematical software. How not, just click this, click that we could make matters Mathematics quickly in the form of print files, without much thought. Using Mathquizcreator we can print large number (with a random system) and can then be used to teach children, school students or students in tutoring and private tutoring.
Read and do carefully math olympiad problems below and may usefull for your students and make them love math.
1. Complete this magic triangle so that the numbers along each side give the same sum. Use each of the numbers 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 only once. (You are required to give only one solution.)
2. The height of the ground floor of a building is 4 m. The height of each of the other floors is 3 m. The total height of this building is 61 m. Inclusive of the ground floor, how many floors does the building have?